- You will experience some bleeding and localized swelling initially. The area itself may be tender and may eventually lead to some bruising.
- Don’t be alarmed if you have some discoloration, itching or discretion of whitish-yellow fluid (not plus) during the healing process. These are all normal occurrences.
- The tissue may tighten around the jewellery as it works through the healing process.
- During the healing process, a piercing can appear as being fully healed from the outside however that´s not the case. Tissue heals from the outside in, therefore the interior will remain unhealed and fragile. Be patient and remain to clean correctly throughout the healing period.
- If you fail to incorporate the cleaning of your piercing into your daily hygiene routine, normal but smelly secretions may accumulate in that area.
- The general healing process can take anything up to a year (depending on the piercing) However, this can all depend on the individual and time frames will vary person by person.
- Once healed, the jewellery may not move freely in the piercing, ensure you do not force it.
- Remember, even healed piercings can shrink or even close within minutes after having been there for years.
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED