WHAT TO AVOID
- Avoid touching the piercing with your fingers or moving the jewellery if the piercing remains unhealed.
- Do not use your fingers to pick any discharge that may have dried, this can be removed with the use of an ear bud.
- Try to avoid using healing creams or any alcohol / hydrogen-based creams when cleaning.
- Do not use any ointments as they prevent the air from circulating which is necessary for the healing process.
- Avoid over cleaning. This can irritate the piercing and delay the healing process.
- Avoid playing with the jewellery and any vigorous cleaning. Try to limit the amount of friction caused from clothing. These activities can cause scar tissue to form, will prolong the healing process and may lead to further complications.
- It is recommended to protect your piercing using a waterproof, wound sealant bandage when in swimming pools, lakes, hot tubs,… These bodies of water can be very unhygienic therefore you must ensure to protect the piercing. These bandages are available to purchase in most pharmacies.
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED